Monday, November 2, 2015

Project- World of Advertisements.

Design Situation.


Statement of Inquiry: Advertisements as a form of communication have evolved through time and space to influence audience's perspective.

I am a student of Technology. As a part of the 1st term in MYP (Year 7) we are using a software called: DTP. (Desktop Publishing). Desktop Publishing allows people around the world to create unique flyers, posters, newsletters, magazines, brochures both for real-life purposes/for people who are advertising products or for school purposes.

As a part of the MYP Project I have decided to make a Flyer on the Cricket Club.

The reason I am willing to make a flyer on the Cricket Club is because, there are people who cannot play Cricket as there are not enough Cricket Academies and that there is no place for them to play Cricket. Well the Cricket Club will be there to allow you play Cricket and even improve your skills. I have a friend of mine named Ali and he said that the advert would be useful to children from: 10-15 years of age. I am also agreeing with this suggestion and say it should be for this age group.

The report to my Client.


Target Audience: Children (10-15 yrs.):  is because children who watch, keep track of the scores and have a passion for Cricket will want to be playing it and want to improve their skills as well. (Like some friends I know). Like me, I would like to bat on and on against spin bowlers and make a mark as their idols (Sachin, MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Kumar Sangakara, etc.) I will be making a flyer to go around the community (or maybe further.) My strength in DTP is that I know how to make an advert look good, and, my strengths in Video Editing Software is that I know what to put in it, I know what to cut out and I know what are the best effects for certain videos. The software that I am us for making this flyer is DTP. I am going to use it because, I am learning and developing my skills in it so that means I will be able to work well with it. The highlight of my flyer will be the information in it as it will stand out well. The flyer should take about 15-20 minutes.  

References.

  • https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/1234723_630820643605448_1518098720_n.jpg?oh=e95fe72c08ab89e656d85810b3203a30&oe=56CF7215&__gda__=1456512764_c522cdfe333a939e34d6acf479704463  
  • http://www.cricdirect.com/assets/media/advs/186000.gif 
  • http://www.inrivid.com/wp-content/uploads/Cricket_Coaching_Camp-682x1024.jpg

8/12/2015.

I had done a Flyer on the Cricket Club and it looks very nice.



I started with making the title: What a drive to Glory! The second thing I did was, the Cricketer in the middle by tracing a shot that was being played by Sachin Tendulkar, off the Internet. Then I started making the labels and the offers. Later I gave the details that were required (the contact, the address, etc). Finally I put in the line (in cricket called the Crease.) and the green for the grass. 
I feel I could have improved my advertisement by adding more circles, instead of having lots of weird stars because that would have made it less aggressive and more calm and neat. Plus I could have added a little more color to it, to make it more colorful. 
But otherwise, I think this is my best work done in ICT/Digital Design. 


12/15/2015. 

I have done a reflection on the advertisement that I had drawn. (Advert is at the top). To this, I have made a table that contains certain requirements and checking if those requirements were met not met or somewhat met.Below is the table that reflects on advert. 

I am proud to say that I am have nearly everything in my advert. As I said in my last talk about my last talk, this must be my best work in advertising. 

In home (after coming back from School) I had 3 things to do in 1 day: A peer Evaluation and Reflection, A Self Evaluation and a Final Reflection. 

I had to Peer Evaluate with a girl named Lina. We did this by looking at each other's blogs at Evaluated them using a table Miss Vena had provided us. Using that, I filled out the table and sent it to Lina by her Gmail account. Below is the table that Ms. Vena had provided us.



I have put a tick if she has done the requirement and then next to that, the peer evaluation/ the description. Under that says how my peer could have improved and also what was good about it. I am happy that I have reflected on her Blog as it was well filled out. And I feel I have reflected well on how, I evaluated Lina's Work. 

The table above talks is showing the table that SHE used to evaluate me and it says that I got everything. This makes me feel that I am doing very well with my Blogger and that I not falling behind which, makes me very happy and, it is boosting my confidence. But it does say for me to add description so, I will try working on that.

Now, is the Self Evaluation.
I feel I did very well throughout this term in the Advertisements Unit. I feel I am going to have more fun on the other units coming up (like coding and the TECH FAIR!(Our principal will be there!!!)) I feel I could make myself better though by, making doing all my work without any stress or problem because I was having stress about doing this unit. I can try to trust myself because, I kept asking questions to clarify what ever the ICT teacher had explained to the class. (This by the way, annoys the teacher.)  I also I could have make my advert more colorful and more interesting.

The Final Evaluation.
My strengths are a lot, they are:
  • I am able to type to at a good speed when I am well focused. 
  • I am able to stay in focus (not every occasion though). 
  • I am smart with technology and have lots of experience. 
  • Once I get started with something, I can then move on faster with less amount queries.  
  • I can take certain situations very seriously.

But there is a lot weaknesses inside me. They are:
  • I am can pretty chatty and when I do start chatting, I stop and then keep going.
  • An average amount of times, I can't finish my work whether I came during the class or the break times.  
  • I can also get the wrong information given or maybe there not be enough words that were asked for. 
  • Sometimes I am really can't submit my work at the date required. 
  • I do go to detentions, if the teacher is upset with us.
  • I feel I could try to manage time more better by focusing harder and doing work more faster.  
I feel I could try to manage time more better by focusing harder and doing work more faster. I feel very disappointed with the way I keep having to do my work at home and not do it in class. This not only in Digital Design but, also in other subjects (Eg: Arabic, Digital Design, Geography, etc). 
I feel I could improve my making my advertisement more eye-catching, and instead of having all of them as aggressive stars I could more circles. Otherwise I am proud of that piece of work that I had successfully completed. I feel that my advertisement will very good and, if I know this school well, most of the entire school (all of  Primary, Secondary school and High School) are Indians and this will lead to the fact that a lot of people will want to play Cricket. Even if they are not Indian, there a lot people that would want to play Cricket.

Now that I have finished my reflections, I feel that the next terms are going to really test my calmness, ability to work and the ability to enjoy a subject. Also, now that I have finished typing my work down, I feel I have accomplished something very good. I would like to say many thanks to Miss Veena for all her help and effort to help me get past my FIRST TERM OF HIGH SCHOOL! :)

3 comments:

  1. Azaan,
    THIS IS YOUR DESIGN TECH BLOG!!!! I have zeros for you because I do not have your Drama Blog. I'm disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete